Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: NHL Gamecenter Update

Date:
NHL Gamecenter Update

I mentioned in the comments section a few weeks ago that I had gotten an email about a class action lawsuit settlement against the NHL and its GameCenter policies. It's not advertised on NHL.com yet (the page is lacking most information at the moment), but I got an email last night from NHL.com with updated info on pricing that I thought I'd pass along for those considering getting Game Center.

Two possible caveats: 1) I don't know if this is only for GameCenter online, or if it will apply to cable packages, as well. 2) I don't know if this is pricing specifically for returning customers. I assume its not, but you never know.

In previous years, the package to buy the online GameCenter subscription was $155-$160, depending on when you signed up, and your payment plan, which gave you access to all Out-of-Market games based on your IP address location. This year, the full package for all teams, out-of-market, will be $131.56. There will also be an option to select only view the out of market games for one team, which will be $105.25.

Date:

Thanks for the update - for some reason I am not getting those emails but had GCL last season.  Looking forward to the Rangers only option!

Date:

I wish MSG would get with the times and allow subscribers to watch games online for from a portable device.

Date:

I LOVE the idea of the Rangers only option. I watched other teams games around the start of the season last year, but eh. It dwindled as the season went on. And if I want to see other teams, I'll just watch the Bruins I guess.

Thanks for breaking it down. I've had the email saved in my inbox since I got it, but reading through all of that legalese made me crosseyed. :)

Date:

For $20 bucks it's kind of ridiculous not to get every game i guess. I was hoping it would be a bit more of a drastic reduction... down to something like $79.99.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.